Monday, January 14, 2008

THERE'S GOTTA BE A BLOG IN HERE SOMEWHERE


It's been quite a week. I knew as events unfolded, there had to be a blog in here somewhere. The gist of the story is that my computer hard disk had to be cloned, and I, computer expert that I am, had to re-install my Windows XP. Tragic situation!! Three or four days (Note the dinner at the computer) of time in front of the computer installing, re-installing, etc. all of my programs. I lost only a few email addresses in the process and learned more about the guts of a computer than I really cared to know. To top it off, I made a misstep on my stairs and banged myself up which added to my discomfort!!
I thoroughly enjoyed Darla's input. Remember years ago, if we had such problems, we sat on the telephone while a technician tried to walk we neophytes through the steps to correct our problems to the tune of a fairly sizeable amount per hour? No more of that. Gateway walked me through some of the process through a chatline in which I "chatted" with technicians who took control of my computer. It was a quiet process. One day Darla helped me! What a hoot! While I sat with my arms folded, Darla took over my computer. She whistled, drank her pop, chatted with me and Vale, but, by golly, she fixed the computer!
Life is so good. We are so blessed. Maybe a crashing computer is an excellent reminder that when all is said and done, it's family; it's love; it's the beauty of life experiences that REALLY count, and don't often crash. Love, Mom

No comments: