Thursday, July 24, 2008

DEAR MARIE, WE MISS YOU!!

THE FIRST GENERATION

Dad and I just watched in wonder at all the activity and enjoyed EVERYTHING





Just to let you know how everyone looked and was doing, here's a run-down.





































THE SECOND GENERATION:


Tom had fun. He spent a lot of time with all of the kids wherever!!



Nicole was the "idea person." She had many fun outings for the little kids. We heard her sing a heart-stopping rendition of "Greensleeves."


Kahlil met every new challenge and experience with enthusiasm and curiosity!!

Little Wyatt toddled his way into our hearts


I loved watching Steve interact with Kobe because they're such carbon copies of each other!



Is there any one of us who doesn't love Michelle and her sweet smile and spirit??

Kobe is a sweet five year old who was a "go to" guy for all things dinosaur!! He also loved all of TJs action figures!!

Eric was definitely our program director. He'd done a lot of research and introduced us to several neat ideas for entertainment

Susan was our calm in the swirling storm of kids running everywhere with parents hot on their heels.


TJ is a delightful guy. He and I had some great conversations about volcanoes, ships, destroyers, whales, and fishing.

Miss Heather was a busy little bee what with keeping up with all the boys and doing all the craft projects


Toby was a kick!! During the water fight, he realized that he who has the hose has the power--even over Daddy.

Darla kept us all busy and energetic with her enthusiasm and infectious laugh.

Vale loved his position as oldest child there. At one point, he sighed, "It's hard to be so popular!!" In this picture, Vale was trying to crawl under the stairs, looking for a $5.


Mark enjoyed all the family time. The Gorge, White Salmon, the rock painting, etc. brought back lots of fond memories for him.

Jenn's famous lines were, "I don't want to be a line leader." However, she spent lots of time in being the support system for her large brood!


Watching Brenna create a work of art was a study in devotion. She was very involved in her artwork.


DeAnne was upbeat and optimistic. We all wanted to bottle up her enthusiasm for ourselves.


DeAnne brought along her friend, Linda, who was very quiet. Of course, around our family, how could she get in a word edgewise??


Eric plans to fill his suitcase next time with kayaks, backpack, surfboard, etc, etc to take advantage of the beautiful Gorge he's fallen in love with.

Tobin was the quintessenial little Mormon Mom, and I was proud of her. She took her role so seriously that I'm not sure she had much fun!!

THE THIRD GENERATION:
I was a bit taken aback when I asked Taylor how old she was. "I'm 16," she said, very matter-of-factly. A gorgeous little girl who is a long way from 16, but then a princess can't marry until she's 16, and Taylor is a princess through and through


Mister Carter was a calm in the storm of little bodies running all around. I'm not sure I once heard him cry or make any kind of fuss! A charming little red-head.

What a wonderful magical time was our reunion!! I promise a second blog soon of the rest of my pictures. We love you all and are so grateful that we were so blessed to be able to get everyone together.























1 comment:

Your favorite sister said...

The feeling is mutual Mom! I am glad that you all had fun. It looks/looked like everyone had a blast. I love the pictures. Keep 'em coming! Did my packages make it on time? I hope so...I am worried they went out to late!

We are off to Hawaii bright and early Tues(for us) morning. We are really busy...but very excited.

Talk to you when I get back. I am bringing my laptop so I will have email!