Sunday, April 26, 2009

AHHHH......




Need I say more about the weeks of work!! It is a beautiful room. The beat now moves outside for yard work!!
I have to tell you Grandma's funny story before I forget. Some of you may not know that Grandma has, for several years, received, almost daily, calls from a collection agency for a Marguerite Kennedy. Being of a generation too polite to be rude, Grandma has always answered the calls and patiently explained that she isn't Marguerite Kennedy. She did tell me that she found out a few years ago, that her birth certificate does have her name misspelled as Margarite Bailey. Recently, these calls have increased to the point of being made three and four times a day and ringing for as long as five minutes, so we took some action and got her on the NoCall database, registered a complaint, and convinced her that it isn't rude to not answer calls from a scam company. Yesterday, she said her phone rang off and on all day long and for several minutes each time. She ignored it for as long as she could. Finally, she picked up the phone and yelled into it, "Why do you keep calling me? I don't know why you keep calling." Just as she was hanging up, she heard a quiet little voice say,"Because....you're my mother...." A little girl had a wrong number. So funny!!
Love to you all from the spoiled lady in her beautiful kitchen!! Mom

'How did it go so fast?' we'll say as we are looking back. And then we'll understand - we held gold dust in our hands" - Tori Amos

3 comments:

Your favorite sister said...

Nothing like a job well done! It looks great! Now you get to enjoy the fruits of your labors!

Susan said...

I love the new kitchen - it's so bright and pretty.

Funny story about Grandma. Did I tell you I got a sweet note from her thanking me for sending her that book? She's such a sweetheart ...

Jennie said...

Wow! You're kitchen looks amazing! We were just talking about taking a family trip up your way this summer. Maybe we'll stop by and see ya! It's been so long since I've been to your house!