Saturday, July 18, 2009

Hanging Out and Hanging On

Little Mason is nine days old....


This tray came to Grandma with the request, "Will you pix it?"

Ethan made a pet of a tiny gecko we found in a bedroom.




Legos, Legos, and more Legos.

Ready for church








A funny Mohawk to tease Mom.
The main attraction.





There is no doubt that summertime in Guam is a study in contrasts. I'm still in Guam and enjoying the grandkids, old and new, but....I'm so looking forward to seeing my sweetheart on Wednesday--stateside Wednesday. What's interesting about missing a loved one is that you find that what you really, truly miss is not so much the big things, but the million of small, minute images, feelings, memories that make up 38 years of being with someone. I miss the crinkles/crow's feet in Tom's eyes when he laughs at a private joke we've shared. I miss looking at his hands, every inch of which I know and love, I miss his "I'm home....where are you?" when he's been gone even for just a few minutes. I miss seeing the blue light of his watch when he checks it in the middle of the night.....and a million other things. So, I'm hanging on for Wednesday. In the meantime, I'm enjoying all the quirkiness, silliness, foolishness of five little children. We're hanging out in a land where one minute there's thunder, lightning, sleeting,slanting rain and a few minutes after the storm, there's not trace of a drop of moisture....

No comments: