Monday, April 12, 2010

SPRING PROJECTS--What can I say?

The sun was out, but the wind was chill.
You know how it is with an April day.
When the sun is out, and the wind is still.
You're one month on in the middle of May.
But, if you so much as dare to speak,
A cloud comes over the sunlit arch,
A wind comes off a frozen peak,
And you're two months back in the middle of March.
Robert Frost said it well in his classic poem, "Two Tramps in Mudtime." Today we're in the middle of May...Tomorrow...who knows? It's spring and as usual, we're in project mode.
Dad's newest project is siding, siding, siding.

No, these are not biker's vests as Dad teases...they're cowboy vests for Kahlil and Wyatt.




Kobe's quilt--#9 of the Grandkid Quilt Caper is begun.
These little fellows are black-headed grosbeaks who are singing their hearts out.
My first tulip all bloomed out

The siding...can you see why I may have been biting my lips a little until he built the "middle deck." The empty planters still need to be filled. Here's to Project Mode and Spring and love and wonder and a world that is "mud luscious and puddle wonderful" right now. Love to you all, Mom

3 comments:

Susan said...

Wow! Dad's been busy. The house looks great.

I love the cowboy vests, too. Very cute!

April said...

I agree. Now I haven't seen it many a year but it looks so good. are you going to paint or leave it the wood look?

Your favorite sister said...

April it doesn't look like the home I remember either!

It looks amazing and I can't wait to come and see it for myself!