Saturday, October 13, 2007

Mom finally succumbed to blogging!!!






















I'm trying....I'm trying. So many of you have been asking me to start a blog, but I've resisted what with the mission, genealogy, etc. However, I can't seem to post pictures very well anywhere else. Myfamily website is sort of disorganized and hard to navigate, so I'll use this blog to post pictures and do family newsletters. I will try hard to update the post each week!! So, here goes with pictures! I thought since so many in the family now live in warmer climates, you might enjoy a stroll through memory lane--autumn in the Gorge-ous Gorge. The pictures are the top: (1) Three of our Institute students--Crystal, Joe, and Britney; (2) a strikingly beautiful tree on the grounds of the Institute; (3) the street in WS that leads to the Catholic Church--tennis courts are on your left; (4) I'm trying hard to take pictures from the car as we head down Dock Grade; (5) beautiful downtown White Salmon; (6) Our backyard.
Dad and I are doing well. We drive to Portland three and sometimes four times a week for classes and socials. Our classes are about the same as we've always had. We never seem to know who will show up. We enjoy the sweet spirit and enthusiasm of our director, Brother Gubelin. We're pioneering a program at the University of Portland which is putting Dad's skills as an administrator to work. I have a family history class, which is always fun. I've acquired two beautiful girls from South America who are here on scholarships to learn English in my family history class. They aren't members and understand very little, but I'm going to begin helping them with English. Our drives through the Gorge, so far, have been very scenic and easy, only once did we have a hairy ride in the rain. On our "off" days, we enjoy the same old, same olds. Dad works outside, and I spend my time on my loves--genealogy, sewing, etc. Our life, right now, is very comfortable--cross your fingers.
We'll be leaving for Maine on Monday afternoon. We'll bring the cell phone with us. We plan to visit Tom and Nicole and also make a brief swing through the White Mountains and Plymouth, Salem, and Scituate, Mass. which is where Grandma Kennedy's family, the Baileys, originated. Tom and Nicole have lots of plans for us.
We love all of you. Love, Mom






1 comment:

Your favorite sister said...

Yay! I am so glad that you have started a blog. I think you will find that it gets addicting! :)

The gorge looks beautiful! I so miss the autumn colors. Ethan asked us the other day if it was "really fall". Compared to the gorge, I would have to say no!! Love the pics!