Sunday, November 25, 2007

THE MADNESS HAS BEGUN

















Our Thanksgiving was sooo quiet! I awoke to an email from Joan filled with the hustle and bustle of her family's busy-ness. It made me emotional and teary-eyed, since we were alone. To get over my blues, we went for a long walk on the absolutely coldest day of the year. Just keeping myself warm shivered the blues right out of me. With only the two of us, our meal was quite simple, and I worked on Christmas projects all day. Dad, as you can see from the picture, was most studious. By the end of the day, my arm was a little stiff from keeping it in the "telephone" position all afternoon, since we had so many calls from family.
The following day, we began the madness of Christmas decorating. At first, I questioned, to myself, why we are doing our usual decorating because we'll be alone again for Christmas! We even did some Black Friday shopping--of all the dumb things!! I think we needed to get out and be doing. The pictures you see of the living room are the new framework for the Christmas village. Dad spent all weekend building and setting up the framework. I explained that I have to finish up my gifts before I can start something new.
In case you're wondering about the top corner picture, I thought I'd show you that Dad and I can move into the electronic age as well as anyone else. Today we purchase an electronic transponder, so that we can "Breezeby" the toll booth at the bridge. Times they are a'changing.
We hope all of you are as well and happy as we are. Love, Mom






1 comment:

Your favorite sister said...

Mom, I am sorry that you had the blues over Thanksgiving. If it makes you feel any better...I did too! Having Thanksgiving dinner in 90 degree weather with sweat dripping down your back...not my idea of Thanksgiving! I hope you are feeling better now. Also, you better rest that arm because on Friday, I have unlimited long distance calls to the states! :)