Saturday, May 10, 2008

MOM-NESS

Happy Mothers' Day to all our family moms. I've had lots of time to reflect upon my role as a mom and to be proud that I am a mom, grandma, and great grandma. I think Motherhood and all its attendant blessings is so sacred a topic that it's quite difficult to write about! I've thought of how each of my six children arrived. Mark flew in on a jet plane from Texas--age 11 or so--in a cowboy suit; Darla sneaked in on a blur of drug-induced labor and nausea; Susan whirled in on a winter storm; Steve sailed in on a beautiful June day with no fuss at all; Marie made her appearance--appropriately--on Labor Day; Tom chose a rainy August day to join the family; and Annie warmed a brisk, cold January day with her arrival. Each of the babies arrived with that special look of: "What happened? A few minutes ago I was in a quiet, dark, warm womb. How'd I get here?" So precious!!! All of you are beautiful, wonderful adults of whom I'm very proud. I love and admire and cherish you all.

Doesn't Grandma look good? She's showing off the "granny" rocker we bought her for her birthday. She turned 93 on the 8th. She's doing well.
The apple tree is extra gorgeous this year! I can't remember it ever being so spectacular. So is that handsome guy under the tree--spectacular that is!!

This is the little gazebo by the driveway. We're gearing up for summer fun by getting the gazebos and yard ready for the reunion.


Flower baskets are my Mothers' Day gift. Dad had to be Mom to these beauties. We bought them on a beautiful, warm day, but by evening the weather had turned, and Mom/Dad had to put them in the shed and coax them into perking up with warm water and sweet words.



The fig tree is also beautiful and there are three more hanging baskets and a wind sock to brighten the front of the house.




The deer are plentiful right now. Dad's resorted to chasing them off because there are so many roaming through the yard.
The Spring is beautiful; I'm on the mend, and life is, as always, wonderful. We hope it's the same for you. Loving being your mom, Love, Mom





1 comment:

Cire said...

Happy Mother's Day! I hope you are feeling well enough today to handle all the phone calls I'm sure you'll get. Everything looks gorgeous there - can't believe the big weeklong party is just over 2 months away! Have a great day!