Friday, September 12, 2008

OF BLIGHTS, MEMORIES, AND NEW BEGINNINGS

There are still roses in bloom, weeds in the garden, bright skies and 90 degree weather, and flies in droves at a quilting workshop. Indian summer beckons us to linger outside on a star-filled night and turn on the fan in midafternoon.
However, the little "ant" at our house is noticing the reality of Fall--his favorite time--and the reality of a predicted "hard" winter. The tools of building which were utilized for the building of the new deck have been replaced with ax and maul.






















Yet, another blight, manmade, has made me grit my teeth each time I drive up the hill and pass the Beachum's old house. I know, the house has been abandoned for years, but until recently all the windows were still in, and there was no graffiti on its walls. This artist is even bold enough to write his name!! Ugh.
All is well with us. As Dad says he's doing his thing, and I'm doing mine. Although we neither understand nor gush about each other's projects, we revel in the other's enthusiasm and pure joy and enjoy the final products of each other's passions. God is in His Heaven.
Our prayers are with Uncle Garth who is undergoing heart bypass surgery as I write. I'll keep you posted as soon as I hear anything.
Love to All. Mom







































3 comments:

Laurel said...

I wish your brother-in-law the very best on this day. Please let your twin sister know that she and her hubby are in my prayers.

Your favorite sister said...

Hey Mom. Every time I look at your blog I just miss you more and more! :) Glad I could talk to you last night. Hope Garth is doing well. How is Aunt Joan?

Peter FNFN said...

all that chopped wood looks so neat! haha... can't wait til I have a house of my own and chop my own wood!

good to catch up a little on you guys