Saturday, January 10, 2009

January Birthdays, Trees of Life, Quilts, and Deaths


January Birthdays is actually a misnomer. There's only one family birthday: Heather's. Heather turns seven. All of us enjoy this sweet, outgoing little charmer. If you haven't read her blog, it's http://heatherchoosestheright.blogspot.com/. Especially read the wonderful entry called Story!! (You'll need to contact Susan for a password for Heather's blog.) Heather is also a budding book reviewer. See her very first book review at: http://blogginboutbooks.blogspot.com/

Trees of Life is the Mutual activity that Dad and I helped out on for New Year's Eve. In spite of being "murdered"???(I think he didn't understand the whole Book of Mormon Tree of Life analogy), Vale made it blindfolded through the great and spacious building,taunting from "the world," and mists of darkness by holding onto the rod of iron. He met Grandpa and Grandma at the Tree of Life!! If Vale's reaction is even a tiny, tiny reflection of what our greetings from loved ones will be in the hereafter, it will be worth being good. He was so glad to see us.














Quilts After months--maybe six--Harmony's quilt is winging its way to Guam. Grandchild number four's quilt is done. Ethan's is next; then Heather's. Both of those are in the planning stages!! Remember, this Grandkid Quilt Project is as much or, maybe more, fun for me than for the kids.

Death of an old friend. Our otherwise quiet winter days have been disturbed by the demise of an old, faithful friend--the kitchen stove. We figure that the stove is 20 years old, so old that there are no replaceable parts!! We're waiting three weeks for our chosen new stove to go on sale. The refrigerator is now rumbling, rumbling...will it leave us soon??
All around us, we hear of illness, difficulties, and financial woes. For those remember her, Mandy Richerson died a few days ago after a long battle with cancer. BUT, Dad and I are doing well. In fact, my big news is that, thanks to Dad and Ben and Marie, a trip to Guam is my Valentines' Day present!! It's almost too much for my old heart--Thursday I leave for Mesa to spend some time with Susan and family; then February 9, I'll get to see Marie and family!! I wonder where my summer clothes are!!? Off to pack. Love You All, Mom
My dear grandma used to say, because she was a bit of a worry wart herself, that "I know that worrying works, because 99 percent of the things I worry about never happen"

















No comments: